Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Camp B Shower and Ice Store Manager.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 14th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast showers and ice store located in Camp B as well as providing excellent customer service.
The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Sat July 2 - Tue July 12, 2022 and available for minimal pre-show hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise the set up and coordination of the Camp B Showers and Camp B Ice Store
- Manage the Showers and Ice daily
- Assist with setup and training of POS system
- Lead and assist with cleaning of the shower stalls
- Management of volunteers
- Monitor inventory and sales
- Review daily report summaries
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in retail 2+ years
- Experience working with the Square POS system
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Tue July 5 - Tue July 12, 2022. Must be available remotely for minimal pre-show and post-show planning hours.
Flat rate contract: $1600
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
To apply please send a cover letter & resume via this form link.
Applications will only be accepted via the form.
Please include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as interviews will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.