Bass Coast Festival is hiring a CANTINA BAR MANAGER.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 14th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth coordination and success of our cocktail bar, The Cantina Bar, as well as providing excellent customer service and employee support. The Cantina Bar is located at our daytime Cantina Stage. The capacity of the Cantina Bar is a licensed area of 600.
Our ideal candidate will have an interest in serving, creating a fun and safe atmosphere, and knowledge of current beverage trends. Bass Coast offers a competitive contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from July 5 - 12, 2022 and available for advance planning hours between April - July 2022.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Support the setup and coordination of the Cantina Bar
- Work with current inventory systems
- Create advance support materials for all bar staff
- Work with Beverage Manager to coordinate ordering and delivery of all products
- Hire and source volunteer bar team
- Ensure staff understand and use the POS system correctly
- Create and work within the budgets
- Collaborate with Security and Harm Reduction departments
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience managing a bar for 3+ years
- Experience working with the Square POS system
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Effective leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Knowledge of current beverage trends
- Knowledge of Google Drive
- Comfortable working in varying environmental elements (sun, wind, rain)
- Ability and desire to collaborate with a diverse team
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
- Passion for the high pressure and fast-paced environment of festival production
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
July 5 - July 12, 2022 on Festival Site. Must be available for pre-show and post-show planning hours April - June 2022.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer, and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). In addition, a vehicle and valid driver's licence is required. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required.
Flat rate contract: $2,100
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 WORKPLACE POLICY
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations. The government of British Columbia’s current response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic can be viewed here.
To apply please send a cover letter & resume via this form link.
Applications will only be accepted via the form.
Please include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as interviews will begin immediately.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.