"A" Gate Manager
Bass Coast Festival is looking for a “A” Gate Manager.
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival. Founded in 2009 by Andrea Graham and Liz Thomson, the artist owned and operated event is a distinguished platform for Canadian artists and a destination for innovative international talent. The natural beauty of British Columbia is a quintessential element of the Bass Coast experience. Our festival site, located outside the city of Merritt in the picturesque Nicola Valley, invites attendees to be present with nature.
Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest. We invite you to collaborate with us.
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the our newest gate at Bass Coast; The “A” Gate while providing a world class welcoming to all Bass Coast attendees. The “A” Gate will manager the welcoming of GA attendees camping in Campsite A and volunteer check in.
Our ideal candidate will have an experience managing festival gate and ticketing experience. They will have a passion for making people feel welcome and will love to work in a fast paced environment. Bass Coast offers a flat contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Tuesday July 9 - Friday July 12, 2019 and available for advance planning hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the welcoming of each attendee
- Liaise with security to ensure Entry Conditions are maintained.
- Communicate with other Gate Supervisors regarding crowd movements.
- Possess a great understanding of our online ticketing system
- Manage cash, credit card transactions and valuables
- Liaise with Security and Parking managers to coordinate a smooth entry to the festival
- Possess a great understanding of crowd management and customer service
- Order supplies needed
- Manage the dissemination and security of all wristbands and tokens
- Train and supervise all gate staff and volunteers
- Work with security to ensure prohibited items are not brought into event
- Empower and motivate the volunteers to work hard and have fun
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Gates management
- Experience working with ticketing programs
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Experience working with cash
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability and desire to collaborate with a diverse team
- Comfortable working in varying environmental elements (wind, rain) for long hours
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include “A Gate Manager Application - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is May 30, 2019.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, First Nations / Aboriginal individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.