Bass Coast Festival is looking for a Bar Manager
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival. Founded in 2009 by Andrea Graham and Liz Thomson, the artist owned and operated event is a distinguished platform for Canadian artists and a destination for innovative international talent. The natural beauty of British Columbia is a quintessential element of the Bass Coast experience. Our festival site, located outside the city of Merritt in the picturesque Nicola Valley, invites attendees to be present with nature.
Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest. We invite you to collaborate with us.
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth coordination and success of one of our 4 Bass Coast Bars as well as providing excellent customer service and employee support.
Our ideal candidate will have an interest in serving, creating fun and safe atmospheres, and current beverage trends. Bass Coast offers a competitive contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from July 7 - 15, 2019 and available for advance planning hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the set up and coordination of one of the Bass Coast Bars
- Work with and supports the bar team at each bar
- Work with current inventory systems
- Perform cash deposits
- Create support materials for all bar staff
- Coordinate ordering and delivery of all product
- Hire volunteer bar team
- Ensure staff understand and use the POS system
- Create budgets and projections
- Collaborate with Security and Harm Reduction departments
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience managing a bars for 5+ years
- Experience working with the Square program
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Experience working with cash
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Knowledge of current beverage trends
- Comfortable working in varying environmental elements (wind, rain) for long hours
- Ability and desire to collaborate with a diverse team
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Bar Manager Application - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is JUNE 5, 2019.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, First Nations / Aboriginal individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.