Bookkeeper & Administrative Assistant
Bass Coast Festival is looking for a part-time bookkeeper & administrative assistant (21 hours/week) to join our finance team. As a part time bookkeeper, you will have the flexibility of remote work throughout the year. There is a one week period in July where the finance team will be required to work at the festival grounds in Merritt, BC. Only applicants residing in British Columbia will be considered.
This position plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of our entire organization by performing bookkeeping and administrative duties as a member of a team. Responsible for working to achieve and maintain the financial health of our organization, the bookkeeper will maintain accurate records and is required to remain compliant with all laws and company policies at all times. This means our bookkeeper will have high ethics, integrity, and accountability.
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 15th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
- A post secondary degree/certification in accounting, bookkeeping, business admin or similar.
- Experience in the music industry is an asset but not required.
- 5 years minimum experience as a bookkeeper.
- Strong multi tasking skills.
- Practical experience with SAGE accounting software, spreadsheets (Google Sheets).
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping procedures including crediting and debiting appropriate accounts, posting entries to ledger accounts, and reconciling accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and curiosity to learn.
- Enjoys organizing, establishing and managing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and willing to work alone or collaboratively with fellow colleagues.
- Must be legally eligible to work unrestricted in Canada.
Bookkeeping Duties duties may include:
- Responsible for essential Bookkeeping tasks: Using Sage 50 Premium, manage all data entry for A/R, A/P. Prepare and post receipts, deposits, purchase orders, invoices, refunds, bank reconciliation and other standard bookkeeping tasks
- File all Worksafe BC, CRA, ETaxBC, Entandem payments and filing requirements
- Manage all payments & reimbursements
- Prepare monthly payroll, source deductions, issue T4’s and annual T4NRA reports and payments
- Create financial reports monthly i.e. Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Ledger
- Prepare the company year end for the accountant, for both the corporation and a not for profit incorporated Society
- Filling out finance and administration related forms & credit applications
- Other bookkeeping duties as required
Administrative Duties may include:
- Develop and streamline operational efficiencies, databases, filing systems
- Coordinate & implement financial systems for individual departments
- Reviewing accountability systems within the organization
- Attending the festival and other company events to oversee financial systems for specific departments
- Ensure shareholders have formal annual meetings and the minutes are filed
- Visits to TD & RBC bank, ensure the account types are appropriate and economical
- Participate in meetings when needed
- Research for special projects
- Other duties as required
As the company grows and evolves, these responsibilities will evolve and develop. We will provide an environment in which you can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for personal learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience, and success, of our business.
Salary / Benefits
Competitive compensation package based on qualifications
- Salary is from $25.00 to $30.00/hr, commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation – pro-rated
- Paid sick leave
- Comprehensive benefits after the 3 month probationary period
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time, permanent position, requiring on average 21 hours/week. Schedule requirements will increase to full time during the one week on site festival period July 1-14.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely and are required to have their own computer, printer, file storage and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings will be required throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, People of Colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada (including those with precarious status). Employment Type: Part-time, year round.
Please send applications to ProductionAssistant@basscoast.ca Please include 'Bookkeeper & Admin Assistant Application’ in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and fit for the duties and qualifications noted. Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
What's one of the most valuable lessons you've learned in your career?
How would you apply it in this role?
The position is available immediately.
Posting Deadline: Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
© 2023 Copyright Bass Coast Project