Camp B Shower and Store Manager
Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Camp B Shower and Store Manager.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast shower and store located in Camp B while providing excellent customer service.
Bass Coast offers a competitive contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from July 8 - 16, 2023 and available for minimal pre-show hours in May and June.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast is a thoughtfully curated boutique electronic music and art festival held in Merritt, BC on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Nlaka’pamux and Syilx people.
Moving into its 16th year, Bass Coast is an independent & artist owned festival with accolades that include two consecutive wins of DJ Mag’s ‘Best Boutique Festival in North America’, 'Best Midsize Festival in Canada' by Canada Music Awards, and 'Best Music Festival in Vancouver' runner-up by the Georgia Straight Vancouver.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Schedule and recruit volunteers with Volunteer Manager
- Participate in any scheduled pre-show meetings
- Supervise the set up and coordination of the Camp B Shower and Store
- Manage the Showers and Store daily
- Assist with setup and training of POS system
- Lead and assist with cleaning of the shower stalls
- Supervise volunteers and sales during open hours
- Monitor inventory and sales
- Review daily report summaries
- Submit post-event debrief report
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in retail 2+ years
- Experience working with the Square POS system
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Excels at working with google spreadsheets and managing inventory
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must possess superior organisational abilities and attention to detail
- Effective leader and motivator with interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment and in the outdoor elements
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities to track multiple priorities and deadlines
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
- Thrives in the high-pressure and fast-paced environment of festival production
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
May - June, 2024: Must be available for remote pre-show part-time planning hours.
July 8 - July 16, 2024: On festival site.
Flat rate contract: On-site $200/day
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer, and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 Workplace Policy:
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations.
To apply please fill out the application below. Include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What systems do you currently use for communication, scheduling and data management? Have you managed POS systems such as Square?
- What is your experience in recruiting and training volunteers?
- Describe an event/establishment/project you managed successfully with a team and how it relates to this position.
Applications will only be accepted through the online application below.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not contact us directly about the application status.