Bass Coast Festival is looking for a Communications Coordinator.
Bass Coast is an independent international exhibition of electronic music and art. It is a distinguished platform for Canadian artists and a destination for innovative international talent. The right candidate will be knowledgeable about the Bass Coast musical programming and artistic personality.
The position will manage and implement the digital media content plan, media relations strategy and marketing initiatives as directed by the Marketing Team. This position is responsible for representing the company with a consistent voice across platforms.
The right candidate must possess excellent written and communication skills, time management and organizational abilities. This is a part-time year round position that provides a salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and maintain Content Calendars
- Manage and monitor social media channels using a weekly scheduler
- Create blog posts
- Gather, report and analyze social media metrics and results
- Assist with curation of images to support social media content
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
- Respond to comments when appropriate to foster a positive community and add value
- Monitor trends in the industry and in digital content
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Monitor assigned department email address
- Responsible for creation and dissemination of press releases
- Nurture and cultivate relationships with key media and influencer contacts
- Manage and create content for newsletters
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and other duties, as assigned
- Guide the direction of the street team by liaising with the street team manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience and passion for arts and culture
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events
- Educational background in Digital Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English is preferred
- Excellent command of (written) English, including strong copywriting and editing skills
- Exceptional oral and interpersonal abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media Advertising platforms (including paid advertising) – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Experience with live streaming is an asset
- Experience with graphic design software is an asset
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and meeting deadlines; ability to work independently with minimal supervision
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit. At the bottom of your cover letter, tell us your favourite book of all time, and the last 5 books you read.
- An industry relevant resume
- Writing Sample: Write a blog post about an artist that has been previously booked at Bass Coast
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Communications Coordinator Application - Your Name” in the subject line. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
This position will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, First Nations / Aboriginal individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.