Bass Coast Festival is looking for a Finance Administrator.
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 13th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
2019 saw Bass Coast win the acclaimed 'Best Boutique Festival in North America" award from leading industry publication DJMag and make its Boiler Room debut with two full days of programming broadcast live on the preeminent streaming platform. Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest.
The Finance Administrator will play a vital role in the day-to-day operations of our entire organization by performing a variety of financial and administrative duties. Responsible for working to achieve and maintain the financial health of our organization, the finance administrator will maintain accurate records and is required to remain compliant with all laws and company policies at all times. This means our financial administrator will have high ethics, integrity, and accountability.
We will provide an environment in which you can make valuable contributions from day one while also building opportunities for personal learning and growth. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience, and success, of our business.
- A post-secondary degree/certification in business administration, finance, accounting, or similar is an asset.
- Proven work experience as a finance administrator or similar.
- Practical experience with SAGE accounting software, spreadsheets (Google Sheets).
- A solid understanding of bookkeeping procedures including crediting and debiting appropriate accounts, posting entries to ledger accounts, and reconciling accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and curiosity to learn.
- Enjoys organizing, establishing and managing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and willing to work alone or collaboratively with fellow colleagues.
- Must be legally eligible to work unrestricted in Canada
- and live in British Columbia.
- Ability to contribute to the overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Using Sage 50 Premium, manage all data entry for A/R, A/P. Prepare and post receipts, deposits, purchase orders, invoices, refunds, and other standard bookkeeping tasks
- Manage bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts and Credit Cards
- Identify, communicate, and correct miscalculations and financial discrepancies
- Manage and enter account summaries from the ticketing company and credit card processor
- File all Worksafe BC, CRA, ETaxBC, Entandem payments and filing requirements
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts
- Efficiently manage all artist deposits and final payments. Communicate directly with artist agencies and artists when required.
- Facilitate International Wire Transfers, E Transfers and Cash Payments, Credit Cards and EFTs, PayPal, Wise
- Preparing staff, subcontractor and performer payments.
- Review and process reimbursements
- Prepare and submit payroll & source deductions
- Prepare monthly payroll, issuing T4’s and annual T4NRA reports, payments and slips
- Create financial reports monthly i.e. Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Ledger
- Prepare the company year-end for the accountant, for both the corporation and a not for profit company
- Run and update databases
- Develop and streamline operational efficiencies
- Contact delinquent accounts
- Stay current with all regulations, requirements, and laws
- Communicate with the accounting firm for support
- Maintain the highest standards of compliance and confidentiality
As the company grows and evolves, these responsibilities will evolve and develop.
Administrative duties may include:
- Developing and maintaining administrative processes
- Keeping an organized file system. Creating a protocol for naming sheets.
- Working on projects that may include getting quotes, comparative pricing, sourcing equipment and supplies
- Attending the festival and other company events to support box office / merch sales / retail outlets /bars
- Ensure shareholders have formal annual meetings and the minutes are filed
- Filling out finance and administration related forms & credit applications
- Frequent visits to TD & RBC bank, ensure the account types are appropriate and economical
- Stay up to date with WorkSafe
- Participate in meetings when needed
- Other duties as required
- Reviewing supplier contracts and summarizing requests
Salary / Benefits
Competitive compensation package based on qualifications
- 3 month probation period at $23.00 / hr
- Salary is from $23.00 to $28.00, commensurate with experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation – pro-rated
- Paid sick leave
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time, permanent position, requiring on average 10 - 30 hrs/week (Oct - Dec), 30 hrs/week (Jan - Mar) and 40 hrs/week during the festival season (April - Sept). Schedule requirements may vary somewhat following the monthly accounting and annual audit cycle. Salary is from $23.00 to $28.00, commensurate with experience.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely and are required to have their own computer, printer, file storage and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings will be required throughout the year.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, People of Colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada. Employment Type: Part-time / Full- time
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include 'Finance Administrator Application’ in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and fit for the duties and qualifications noted. The position is available immediately.
Posting Deadline: August 9, 2021.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
© 2021 Copyright Bass Coast Project