General Store Coordinator
Bass Coast Festival is looking for a General Store Coordinator.
Bass Coast is an independent international exhibition of electronic music and art. It is a distinguished platform for Canadian artists and a destination for innovative international talent.
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast General Store as well as providing excellent customer service.
Our ideal candidate will have an interest in the Bass Coast merchandise line and artist goods. They will have a passion for sales, management and fashion. Bass Coast offers a competitive contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from July 1 - 11, 2018 and available for advance planning hours from Jan 2018 - July 2018.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise the set up and coordination of the Bass Coast General Store and Satellite Store
- Scheduling and management of General Store volunteers
- Consultation on merchandise inventory and suppliers
- Management of all artist consignment merchandise
- Perform cash deposits
- Coordinate delivery of store merchandise
- Consult on the store design and display
- Set up POS system and training
- manage online store Flash sales throughout the year
- Organize inventory systems and track inventory
- Review daily report summaries
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience managing a retail store for 2+ years
- Experience working with the Square program
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Experience working with cash
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “General Store Coordinator Application - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
This position will begin in late January 2018.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is March 1, 2018.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, First Nations / Aboriginal individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.