Green Team Assistant Manager
Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Green Team Assistant Manager.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The position is responsible for assisting the Green Team Manager with waste management and sustainability initiatives on the festival site.
Bass Coast promotes and engages in sustainability initiatives, including educational campaigns to maximize landfill diversion. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability, zero waste practices, and enjoy working outdoors in a festival setting. They will have experience motivating teams and working with volunteers.
Bass Coast is hiring for three assistant manager roles: two daytime roles and one evening role. Contract lengths for each role vary and will require the successful candidate to be onsite for the following dates:
- Daytime Assistant Manager #1: July 8 - July 18, 2024 (with one day off during the festival)
- Daytime Assistant Manager #2: July 12 - July 19, 2024
- Evening Assistant Manager: July 12 - July 15, 2024 (three nights)
All assistant managers will need to be available for minimal pre-show and post-show planning hours.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast is a thoughtfully curated boutique electronic music and art festival held in Merritt, BC on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Nlaka’pamux and Syilx people.
Moving into its 16th year, Bass Coast is an independent & artist owned festival with accolades that include two consecutive wins of DJ Mag’s ‘Best Boutique Festival in North America’, 'Best Midsize Festival in Canada' by Canada Music Awards, and 'Best Music Festival in Vancouver' runner-up by the Georgia Straight Vancouver.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Assist the Green Team Manager with the following:
- Keep the festival area and campgrounds clean
- Coordinate and contribute to the Green Team plan
- Support the managers in each department in their efforts to minimize waste and coordinate specific department needs
- Liaise with all suppliers who support the Green Team
- Coordinate all waste, recycling, and compost transfer schedules
- Set up all recycling / waste / compost stations
- Organize and install all Green Team signage
- Schedule and manage all Green Team crew and volunteers
- Participate in meetings when needed
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of current sustainability and environmental trends
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Experience working in the outdoor elements
- Effective leader and motivator with interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Must possess superior organizational abilities, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities to track multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Experience driving a truck and trailer is an asset
- Experience working on a festival green team is an asset
- Thrives in the high-pressure, constantly evolving, and fast-paced environment of festival production
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
June July 8 - July 19, 2024: On the festival site.
Flat rate contact: On-site $200 / day
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely and are required to have their own computer, printer, file storage and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via Zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 Workplace Policy:
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations.
To apply please fill out the application form link below and include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter.
- What do you think is the most important aspect of sustainability?
- What would you do if you noticed that recyclable materials were intentionally being thrown into landfill containers?
- Describe a time when you successfully motivated a team of volunteers or colleagues to be more intentional with their recyclable materials.
- Describe an event/establishment/project you managed successfully with a team and how it relates to this position.
Applications will only be accepted through the online application form below.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact us directly about the application status.