Green Team Coordinator
Bass Coast is an independent international exhibition of electronic music and art. It is a distinguished platform for Canadian artists and a destination for innovative international talent. We promote environmental stewardship and care deeply about the health of the land. We engage in sustainability initiatives including education and waste diversion.
The position is responsible for all waste management planning and implementation, including spearheading sustainability initiatives and reporting for the festival.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for sustainability, zero waste practices and enjoy working outdoors in a festival setting. They will possess an interest in creating systems, inspiring positive change and current trends in the industry. Bass Coast offers a competitive contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from July 6 - July 19, 2019 and available for pre and post-show planning hours year round (very part time hours for pre and post show),
Responsibilities and Duties
- Keep the festival area and campgrounds clean
- Expand the current sustainability plan
- Coordinate and contribute to the Green team plan
- Support the managers in each department to minimize waste and coordinate specific department needs
- Collaborate with communications department to create communication plan for sustainability initiatives
- Liaise with all suppliers that support the green team
- Outreach to local organizations
- Coordinate all transfer schedules
- Order all materials
- Adhere to and assess Green Team budget
- Set up all recycling / waste / compost stations
- Organize and install all Green Team signage
- Schedule and manage all Green Team crew and volunteers
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience managing a team of staff and volunteers (3+ years)
- Experience working in the outdoor elements
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Knowledge of current sustainability and environmental trends
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include “Green Team Coordinator Application - “Your Name”” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
This position will begin in mid - April.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is April 7, 2019.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, First Nations / Aboriginal individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.
© 2021 Copyright Bass Coast Project