Ice Store Manager
Bass Coast Festival is hiring an Ice Store Manager.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 15th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast Ice Store as well as providing excellent customer service and volunteer management.
The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Tue July 4 - 11, 2023 and available for minimal off-site advance planning hours from April 2023 - July 2023.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise the set-up and coordination of the Bass Coast Ice Store
- Schedule and manage Ice Store volunteers.
- Provide consultation on ice inventory and suppliers.
- Coordinate delivery of ice.
- Consult on the ice store design and display.
- Set up the POS system and provide training to volunteers.
- Organize inventory systems and track inventory.
- Review daily report summaries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience managing a retail store for 2+ years.
- Experience working with the Square POS system.
- Experience managing a team of volunteers.
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Known as a leader and motivator.
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
April - July 2023: Must be available for remote pre-show part-time planning hours.
July 4 - July 11, 2023: On festival site.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer, and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
Flat-Rate Contract: $1800
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 Workplace Policy:
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations. The government of British Columbia’s current response can be viewed here.
To apply please fill out the application form link below and include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What systems do you currently use for communication, scheduling and data management? Have you managed POS systems such as Square?
- What is your experience in recruiting and training volunteers?
- Describe an event/establishment/project you managed successfully with a team and how it relates to this position.
Ice Store Manager Application
Applications will only be accepted through the online application form.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not contact us directly about the application status.