Main Gate Coordinator
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Sylix. Moving into its 12th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
2019 saw Bass Coast win the acclaimed 'Best Boutique Festival in North America" award from leading industry publication DJMag and make its Boiler Room debut with two full days of programming broadcast live on the preeminent streaming platform. Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest.
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast Main Gate while providing a world class welcoming to all Bass Coast attendees.
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing festival gates and ticketing experience. They will have a passion for making people feel welcome and will love to work in a fast paced environment. Bass Coast offers a flat contract fee for this position.
The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Tue July 7 - Mon July 13, 2020 and available for minimal advance planning hours from March 2020 - July 2020.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the welcoming of each attendee
- Liaise with security to ensure Entry Conditions are maintained.
- Communicate with other Gate Supervisors regarding crowd movements.
- Possess a great understanding of our online ticketing system
- Manage cash, credit card transactions and valuables
- Liaise with Security and Parking managers to coordinate a smooth entry to the festival
- Possess a great understanding of crowd management and customer service
- Order supplies needed for Main Gate
- Manage the dissemination and security of all wristbands and tokens
- Train and supervise all gate staff and volunteers
- Work with security to ensure prohibited items are not brought into event
- Empower and motivate the volunteers to work hard and have fun
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Gates management
- Experience working with ticketing programs
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Experience working with cash
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability and desire to collaborate with a diverse team
- Comfortable working in varying environmental elements (wind, rain) for long hours
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please include “Main Gate Manager Application - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
Applications are open until the position is filled.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, Indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities.
© 2021 Copyright Bass Coast Project