Main Gate Manager
Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Main Gate Manager.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 15th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast Main Gate while providing a world class welcome to all Bass Coast attendees.
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing festival gates and ticketing experiences. They will have a passion for making people feel welcome, motivating teams and working with volunteers.
The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from July 3 - July 10, 2023, and available for advance planning hours from March 2023 - July 2023.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure the welcoming of each attendee
- Liaise with security to ensure Entry Conditions are maintained
- Communicate with other Gate Supervisors regarding crowd movements
- Liaise with Security and Parking managers to coordinate a smooth entry to the festival
- Work with security to ensure prohibited items are not brought into the event
- Possess a great understanding of our online ticketing system
- Manage cash, credit card transactions and valuables
- Possess a great understanding of crowd management and customer service
- Order supplies needed for Main Gate
- Manage the dissemination and security of all wristbands and tokens
- Schedule, train and supervise all gate staff and volunteers
- Empower and motivate the volunteers to be diligent while having fun
- Participate in meetings when needed
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience with Gates management
- Experience working with ticketing programs and POS systems
- Experience managing cash sales and reporting
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Effective leader and motivator with interpersonal skills and team spirit
- A solid understanding of Gates management procedures including communication protocol, de-escalation skills, and outstanding customer service
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities to track multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability and desire to collaborate with a diverse team
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment and the outdoor elements
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
- Thrives in the high-pressure and fast-paced environment of festival production.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
March - July 2023: Available for remote pre-show advance planning hours.
July 3 - July 10, 2023: On-site.
Flat rate contract: commensurate on experience
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer, and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 Workplace Policy:
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations.
To apply please fill out the application form link below and include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you think is the most important aspect of customer service?
- What is your experience in training and motivating volunteers?
- Describe an event/establishment/project you managed successfully with a team and how it relates to this position.
Applications will only be accepted through the online application form.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not contact us directly about the application status.