Main Stage Request for Proposal
BASS COAST FESTIVAL MAIN STAGE REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Bass Coast is hiring a MAIN STAGE DESIGN, ILLUMINATION & BUILD TEAM and is accepting proposals in response to this Request for Proposal in order to find a qualified source to provide a new stage environment at the annual electronic music and art festival.
Festival Dates: July 8 - 11, 2022. Merritt BC, CANADA
3 Instalments: 2022: $50,000, 2023: $35,000, 2024: $36,750
Contract Duration: 3 years
Round 1: Feb. 28, 2022 - March 18, 2022: APPLY HERE
Round 2: March 22, 2022 - April 5, 2022: BY INVITATION
WORKPLACE VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bass Coast Festival requires all volunteers, artists, staff, suppliers, vendors, and crew to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to support health and safety in the workplace and in the surrounding community. If unable to provide valid proof of vaccination, they will be refused access to the festival site, volunteer deposits would be forfeited and all related contract payments or deposits must be refunded in full to Bass Coast Project Ltd. All Bass Coast volunteers, artists, staff, volunteers, vendors and crew are required to be fully vaccinated as defined by the B.C. Ministry of Health. Proof of vaccination must be provided on or before April 15, 2022.
- Create a world class immersive stage experience unique to Bass Coast
- Deliver a stage design complete with a lighting plan and/or illumination concepts
- Collaborate with a lighting team provided by Bass Coast or propose an alternative lighting supplier and plan.
- Agree to abide by the Bass Coast Code of Conduct
- Work within the festival Sustainability Guidelines
- Create a safe & accessible environment
The process will consist of two rounds.
ROUND 1: Resume and Concept Proposal
Only qualified individuals or firms with prior experience should apply
- Submit a 3D model of your concept using the provided design assets.
- Submit 3 projects of reference that are substantially similar to this project, including references for each.
The top 3 designs will advance to round 2 and will be paid $400 to submit their detailed technical proposal.
ROUND 2: Technical Proposal
This technical proposal must provide a detailed overview of the stage design & lighting design. Collaborate with a lighting team provided by Bass Coast or propose an alternative lighting supplier and plan. Provide additional documentation that supports all the requirements listed in the Design Requirements section below.
- 3D Images of the stage design & surrounding environment using existing stage
- 3D render or design plan for lighting the stage, DJ, performance artists and crowd
- Budget to include build labour, transportation, materials, lighting rentals, lighting install & operation, certifications, safety equipment and any additional costs ext
- Timeline of pre-build, shipping, build, teardown, inventory & pack
- Milestones with dates for each phase of the process
- Labour schedule: pre-show, onsite, teardown
- Volunteer requests: include a schedule for prebuild, set up, & tear down
- Heavy Machinery Request: Bass Coast will provide limited use of lifts.
- Resumes of team lead and crew and references
- Engineering plan if required
- Proof of Vaccination for all team members by April 15th, 2022
- Lighting team requirements: rental/installation/operation. This can be subcontracted but must come out of the stage budget. Please email email@example.com
- See existing rigging points for lighting and special effects and aerial performances - See Appendix
- Evolution: A minor evolution/improvement must be planned for each year. Designs to be submitted for review / feedback in December of each year.
- Decorate the dance platforms in field (scaffold platforms provided by Bass Coast)
- Create a backdrop for the stage to hide the rear production area and side wings (3 sides)
- Consider the DJ monitors in design. 1 Large Sub with a speaker stacked on top on either side of the DJ table. Speaker faces the DJ - See Appendix Booth Layout
- Stage deck is 8ft off the ground. Sightlines to DJ are vital. Place DJ as far forward as possible on stage with opportunity to pull back if rain is an issue.
- Open air space for aerial performers stage left and right See Appendix
- Open floor space for dance performers either beside the dj or in front
- Work around audio system design. See Appendix
- Built to British Columbia building codes, provide engineering stamp if needed
- Set up stage and lighting < 7 days (Open to public Thursday July 7 9am)
- Tear Down <3 days (Begins noon July 11)
BASS COAST WILL PROVIDE
- 12 festival passes for the build team
- 2 meals/day pre and post show for build team
- Install and light the streamer installation over the crowd See Appendix
- Can provide DJ table: 10' LONG, 2' DEEP, 36" HIGH on wheels and without a solid front, so that you can see the artist legs
- Limited access to bucket lift, telehandler & fork lift
- Storage post festival: all component of stage design must fit inside a standard 20’ C-Can (provided by bass coast and stored off site)
- Contacts for a lighting designer and team. This can be subcontracted but must come out of the stage budget. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
OWNERSHIP AND INSURANCE
The successful contract will own the stage design and materials. A $5 million liability policy is required and must list Bass Coast Project Ltd. as additional insured.
Bass Coast reserves the right to be the only festival using this stage design for the duration of the contract. The bidder may use elements of the stage for other contracts providing it does not replicate the stage design at Bass Coast.
IMPORTANT DATES 2022
Request for Proposal. Round 1
Feb 28 - March 18, 2022
Selection of Top 3 Bidders /
Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders
March 22, 2022
Round 2 submission deadline
March 22 - April 5, 2022
Contract Award /
Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders
April 8, 2022
Bass Coast’s budget for the project is $121,750
Broken into 3 instalments:
ROUND 1: APPLY HERE
Bass Coast reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value and creative design to Bass Coast as determined solely by Bass Coast in its absolute discretion.
Previous Speaker layout
Primary Rigging Points
DJ Booth Layout
Ariel Clearance on both sides of DJ Booth
© 2023 Copyright Bass Coast Project