Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Sylix. Moving into its 12th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
2019 saw Bass Coast win the acclaimed 'Best Boutique Festival in North America" award from leading industry publication DJMag and make its Boiler Room debut with two full days of programming broadcast live on the preeminent streaming platform. Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest.
The position is responsible for coordinating power throughout the festival. The successful candidate will be an experienced electrician and have management experience. They must be available to be on the festival site from June 30 - July 14 and available for advance part time planning hours. Bass Coast offers a competitive contract fee for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate power and distribution for entire festival site
- Manage the power staff and volunteer team
- Responsible for all electrical equipment ordering and inventory
- Develop detailed plan of all electrical needs
- Proactively assess risks and develop plans to align with safety regulations
- Participate in bi-weekly manager meetings
- Assist with hiring the power team
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working in events and festivals
- Preference given to those who hold a FSR A or B ticket
- Experience with spreadsheets
- Knowledge and ability to work with Google Drive
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to keep track of multiple priorities
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Power Manager Application - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
APPLICATIONS will remain open until the position is filled.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, Indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities.
© 2020 Copyright Bass Coast Project