Reserved Camping Host
Bass Coast Festival is looking for a Reserved Camping Host.
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival. Founded in 2009 by Andrea Graham and Liz Thomson, the artist owned and operated event is a distinguished platform for Canadian artists and a destination for innovative international talent. The natural beauty of British Columbia is a quintessential element of the Bass Coast experience. Our festival site, located outside the city of Merritt in the picturesque Nicola Valley, invites attendees to be present with nature.
Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest. We invite you to collaborate with us.
The position is responsible for ensuring a great experience for our reserved camping attendees. They will be communicating with attendees in advance to share pertinent info and will be the host onsite.
Our ideal candidate will have an experience in customer service and working on festival sites. They will have a passion for making people feel welcome and will love to work in a fast paced environment. Bass Coast offers a flat contract fee for this position. The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Tue July 9 - Sun July 11, 2019 and available for advance planning hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the welcoming of attendees in reserved camping
- Liaise with security and parking to ensure entry conditions are maintained.
- Ensure the camping spots are marked out clearly and correctly
- Possess an understanding of our online ticketing system
- Communicate via email and / or phone with customers in advance of the festival
- Possess a great understanding of crowd management and customer service
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience hosting
- Experience working with ticketing programs
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability and desire to collaborate with a diverse team
- Comfortable working in varying environmental elements (wind, rain) for long hours
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events
- Enjoys Camping
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Reserved Camping Host - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is May 30, 2019.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, First Nations / Aboriginal individuals, members of the LGBTQ community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.