Satellite Store Coordinator
Bass Coast Festival is looking for a Satellite Store Coordinator.
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 12th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
2019 saw Bass Coast win the acclaimed 'Best Boutique Festival in North America" award from leading industry publication DJMag and make its Boiler Room debut with two full days of programming broadcast live on the preeminent streaming platform. Bass Coast prides itself in being an inclusive gathering that brings together people from diverse backgrounds and inspires them to participate to the fullest.
The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the Bass Coast Satellite Store and Showers located in Camp B as well as providing excellent customer service.
The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Tue July 6 - Tue July 13, 2020 and available for minimal advance planning hours from Feb 2020 - July 2020.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise the set up and coordination of the Bass Coast Satellite Store
- Management of Satellite Store volunteers
- Monitor inventory and sales of merchandise inventory
- Perform cash deposits
- Assist with setup and training of POS system
- Review daily report summaries
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in retail 2+ years
- Experience working with the Square program
- Experience managing a team of volunteers
- Experience working with cash
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Known as a leader and motivator
- Must possess superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset
To apply please submit:
- A cover letter telling us why this role appeals to you and why you think you’d be a great fit.
- An industry relevant resume
Please submit your application by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include “Satellite Store Coordinator Application - Your Name” in the subject line.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please do not email to enquire.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is February 25, 2020.
Bass Coast is an equal opportunity employer encouraging people of colour, Indigenous individuals, newcomers and immigrants, members of the LGBTQ2+community, people of all genders and abilities, and members of other underrepresented communities.