Sexual Violence- 14 Resources (HIDDEN BUT IN USE. DO NOT DELETE)
14.1 Onsite, Showtime (to be filled out, printed and shared across teams and displayed in sanctuary)
First Aid Lead
Harm Reduction Lead
Occupational Health and Safety Lead
Non Emergency Police
Sexual Assault Response Team
Provincial victim/survivor Services
Rape Crisis Line
Local LGBT2QIA Agency
Local Indigenous Agency
Local Sexual Health Clinic
14.2 British Columbia
- Connect Text (604) 245-2425
- Chat Online: wavaw.ca/connect
- 24-Hour Crisis Line Nation-wide: 604-255-6344
Battered Women Support Services
- Crisis & Intake line at 604-687-1867 and toll-free at 1.855.687.1868
BC victim/survivors Services
- victim/survivorLink BC is a toll-free, confidential telephone service available across B.C. and Yukon 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. victim/survivorLink BC provides service in over 110 languages, including 17 North American Indigenous languages.
Third party reporting
Sexual Assault Response Teams
Team of Registered Nurses with specialized education in sexual assault care. Support for individuals who have been sexually assaulted in the last 7 days with or without police involvement. Typically accessed through Sexual Assault Crisis Centres or hospitals. Referral may be needed.
- You have the option going directly to one of the hospitals listed below to be seen by the Sexual Assault Service for care, or you can call BC Women's Hospital switchboard at (604) 875-2424 and ask to speak to the Sexual Assault Service. You will be connected directly to a Physician or Nurse examiner on the service and they can help direct your care at this time.
- Vancouver General Hospital's Emergency Department (24 hours) 920 West 10th Avenue (near Broadway & Oak).
- UBC Hospital's Urgent Care Centre Koerner Pavilion, 2211 Wesbrook Mall. 8:00am-10:00pm.
- They can call the AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre, 604-827-5180, for support worker accompaniment.
- The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) provides immediate emotional support and information to people of all genders, 13 years and older, who have been sexually assaulted within the past 7 days.
- To access this service, call the Vancouver Island Crisis Line ( 1-888-494-3888) and request to speak to a VSAC Sexual Assault Support Worker, or attend at Victoria General Hospital.
- 24-hours: 250-354-435
BC Human Rights Commission
Alberta’s One Line for Sexual Violence
- Call or text: 1-866-403-8000
Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE)
- 24/7 Crisis Line: 780-423-4121
- SACE Counselling: 780-423-4102
Strathcona Sexual Assault Centre (SAFFRON): 780-449-0900
University of Alberta Sexual Assault Centre: 780-492-9771
The 24-hour Calgary Sexual Assault Response Team (CSART)
- This crisis response team provides specialized care to individuals who have been sexually assaulted within the past 96 hours. The service is available through the Sheldon Chumir and the Alberta Children’s Hospital. The team will travel to other hospitals when required.
- Note: If more than 96 hours have passed since the sexual assault, there are other options for medical attention available, please contact the CCASA support and information line at 403-237-5888 for more information.
Alberta victim/survivors Services
Alberta Human Rights Commission
14.4 Further Resources:
Basic and Immediate needs for Somali Candians (many resources for both BC and AB)
Bass Coast Mental Health Resources
© 2021 Copyright Bass Coast Project