Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Turf Manager.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that is held on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the Nlaka’pamux and Syilx people. Moving into its 15th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Turf Manager is responsible for setup, take down, and maintenance of the artificial turf. The turf is the base for many of the Bass Coast dance floors. This position will be responsible for managing the installation, cleaning, and storage of the artificial turf used on festival dance floors, as well as managing volunteers and ensuring the turf is safe and visually appealing for festival-goers.
The successful candidate must be available to be on the festival site from Sun. July 2 - Thurs. July 13, 2023.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage the setup and take down of the artificial turf at festival stages
- Ensure that the artificial turf is clean and visually appealing for festival-goers
- Manage a team of volunteers to assist with the installation and cleaning of the artificial turf
- Coordinate with festival organizers to ensure that the turf is installed and maintained to their specifications
- Maintain inventory of all artificial turf equipment and supplies, including cleaning materials and storage bags
- Inspect the artificial turf for any damage and repair as needed
- Ensure that all safety regulations are followed during the installation and maintenance of the turf
- Festival site knowledge and map location familiarity.
- Participate in meetings when needed.
- Other onsite duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years of experience in managing artificial turf installations and maintenance
- Ability to manage a team of volunteers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and physically demanding environments
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Manual Labour experience
- Passion for the high-pressure and fast-paced environment of festival production.
- Experience working or attending festivals and/or events is an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work unrestricted in Canada.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Sun July 2 - Thu July 13: On the festival site.
Friday July 7 - Sunday July 9: Festival days off
Flat rate contract: $1800
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer, and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 Workplace Policy:
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations.
To apply please fill out the application form link below and include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Applications will only be accepted through the online application form.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not contact us directly about the application status.