Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Volunteer Coordinator.
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 15th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The ideal candidate will have a passion for team building, leadership and motivation. They will be experienced and competent in managing schedules, working with spreadsheets and volunteer software programs, and have strong attention to detail. This person is comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and thrives under pressure. An ability to problem solve quickly and excel working alone as well as with a team is essential to this position.
Experience volunteering at Bass Coast or other festivals is an asset. The successful candidate must be available to work on the festival site from June 27 to July 15 and for planning and post-show remote work from January 2023 - August 2023. This is an annual contract with a potential renewal in October 2023.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement volunteer policies, procedures and standards.
- Train and manage the Volunteer Assistant Coordinators.
- Consult with department heads to screen, recruit and schedule volunteers.
- Conduct volunteer information sessions.
- Plan & conduct pre-show meetings with volunteer teams.
- Confirm volunteer availability and schedule volunteer shifts.
- Manage communications with volunteers.
- Track and record volunteer hours and provide letters of confirmation/reference as required.
- Oversee and manage the Volunteer Centre.
- Assist with conflict resolution among staff and volunteers according to established procedures.
- Manage distribution of volunteer benefits (meals, shirts, etc.).
- Manage volunteer deposits and refunds via the Bass Coast ticketing system.
- Learn and train others on the volunteer management software.
- Monitor expenditures for the volunteer program.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience managing a team of staff and volunteers (3+ years).
- Experience working in the outdoor elements.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated initiative and multitasking capabilities.
- Must possess superior organisational abilities and attention to detail.
- Excels at working with google spreadsheets.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Effective leader and motivator.
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Passion for the high-pressure and fast-paced environment of festival production.
- Experience working or attending festivals and/or events is an asset.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a part-time contract position beginning late January. This is an annual contract with a potential renewal in October 2022.
This is a part-time position, requiring on average 20 hours/week. Schedule requirements will increase to full-time during the festival period June 27 - July 15.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely and are required to have their own computer, printer, file storage and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings will be required throughout the year.
The position requires an average of 20 hrs/week (January - April) and 25hr/week (May- June). This position requires full-time hours on-site from June 27 - July 15. In October 2023, the annual contract for this position may be renewed for the next festival year, beginning with minimal part-time hours from October - March.
Flat Rate contract dependent on the first date of employment.
Onsite days are a day rate of $250.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, cooperative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalise certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada. Employment Type: Part-time / Full- time
Please send applications to ProductionAssistant@basscoast.ca
Please include 'Volunteer Coordinator Application’ in the subject line.
Please include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
The position is available immediately.
Posting Deadline: Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
© 2023 Copyright Bass Coast Project