Nobody said integrating after Bass Coast is meant to be easy but here are 8 tried and true tips to aid in a smooth, inspired transition out of the festival and into your routine.
1) Catch up on sleep. Seriously. Go to bed. Try and find a replenishing sleep schedule that will assist you as you transition out of a busy summer.
2) Seek connection. It could be a partner, pet or a simply a couple of friends. You just spend 4 days with thousands of smiling people. Don't suddenly isolate yourself.
Photo: Banana Cam
3) Replenish. Eat some veggies, fruit and whole foods. Drink lots of water and take some electrolytes.
4) Mix up your genres. It might be tempting to relive festival season through your fave artists and tracks from the weekend. There's time for that - but while you wait for artists to release their sets, try mixing it up. Revisit classics or dive into a new genre.
Photo: Michael Benz
5) Get into nature. Remember how nice it felt to be outside for so many hours in the day? Go for a hike, read a book in the sun or do a park picnic with friends.
6) Get silly. Some of your best memories are probably your most ridiculous festival moments. Lighten up. There's a place for that energy in your day to day lives.
Photo: 403 ABC
7) Make art. Art and creation are principal tenants of festivals. Ride the wave of inspiration and get busy creating.
8 ) Reach out if you need it. Give yourself time to recover. You're landing. Treat yourself gently. And if you can't shake it, please seek out the help of a friend, family member or professional.