Crew Kitchen Cook
Bass Coast Festival is hiring a Bass Coast Crew Kitchen Cooks
ABOUT BASS COAST
Bass Coast Festival is a thoughtfully curated boutique music and art festival that takes place in the picturesque shared traditional territories of the Nłeʔkepmx and Syilx. Moving into its 15th year, Bass Coast has garnered a global reputation for showcasing innovative international talent and providing a springboard for Canadian artists.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Crew Kitchen Cook will assist the Kitchen Manager in coordinating and executing two healthy and filling meals per day for the Bass Coast Crew. The Crew Kitchen serves between 40 to 375 crew members each day. The successful candidate will have the passion and skills for cooking healthy food.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To produce nutritious food using Foodsafe practices
- Assist Manager with cooking and shopping
- Assist with set-up and take-down the kitchen area
- Assist with training volunteers
- Adhere to specified meal times, coffee & tea requirements and snack times
- Must clean all areas of the kitchen diligently after every meal
- To courteously accommodate and direct any kitchen volunteers in meal preparation, chores and clean up of the entire kitchen and serving area.
- Advise kitchen staff and volunteers of entry protocols and unsupervised access to any food or drinks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Skilled in food preparation and knowledge of food storage standards and food nutrition.
- Current Food Safe certification
- Familiar with vegetarian needs and other common food allergy conditions. Ability to cook with meat.
- Experienced in meal preparation in a camp setting with limited equipment.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Effective interpersonal skills and team spirit.
- Must possess organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Experience working or attending festivals and / or events is an asset.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
June 25 - July 14, 2023. Some pre-show planning hours may be required. A shorter commitment time may be arranged depending on candidate availability.
Bass Coast offers an innovative, flexible and creative work environment. All Bass Coast employees work remotely during pre-show and post-show and are required to have their own computer, and workspace (whether at home or elsewhere). In addition, a vehicle and valid driver's licence is required. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently and work remotely via zoom with team members. In-person meetings may be required.
Competitive Compensation commensurate with experience, depending on days on site.
HOW TO APPLY
Bass Coast Project Ltd is an equal opportunity employer offering a fair, co-operative, respectful, safe, and healthy work environment. We conduct hiring on the basis of employment equity. Employment equity is designed to compensate for the nonexistence of a level playing field with regard to people’s experiences and job qualifications, given structural injustices and systemic discrimination that marginalize certain groups. Bass Coast welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous people, Black people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ2SIA+ people, people with disabilities, people living in poverty, and newcomers to Canada.
COVID-19 Workplace Policy:
Bass Coast Festival will continue to operate in accordance with provincial and local health guidelines and recommendations. The government of British Columbia’s current response can be viewed here.
To apply please fill out the application form link below and include a cover letter and resume demonstrating your interest in the position and your fit for the duties and qualifications noted.
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What challenges have you experienced as a line cook and how did you overcome them?
- Describe the busiest times at your current or previous employment. How did you go the extra mile to help out?
- Describe a time you helped a co-worker finish a job on time. How does teamwork come into play on the line?
Crew Kitchen Cook Application
Applications will only be accepted through the online application form.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not contact us directly about the application status.
© 2023 Copyright Bass Coast Project