Performance Artist Information Package
Bass Coast Festival is an immersive, artistic experience. Each year we invite performing artists to contribute to our event through our dance, acrobatics, circus arts and theatre. Our goal is to showcase movement artists who create entertaining, engaging and diverse material through various platforms.
These are some of the performance styles we are looking for:
- Roving Performances: Performances that move around the festival grounds, ideally with some interactive elements or characters
- Group Stage Performances: Groups of 3 or more, with 5-20 minutes of stage time
- Aerial Artists: Individuals, duos, or groups that are focused on aerial arts that are able to perform to their own music, or during another musical act (Lyra, Trapeze, Silks, Corde de Lisse)
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept applications for fire performances due to extreme weather related risks. This is non-negotiable despite any experience with fire safety and performance. Thank you for understanding.
Bass Coast places a strong emphasis on creativity, integrity, performance style, and connection. Priority will be given to performers who are creating their own choreographies, utilize creative costuming and present a style of performance that works well within the musical programming of the festival.
We curate a small yet focused set of performances every year. There will only be a few opportunities available. Please do not contact us about your application. You will receive a response from us by April 15, 2019 if we are interested. If you do not hear from us, please try again next year.
Thank you very much for your interest in performing at Bass Coast. We appreciate you and the art that you are creating.
- Performance Artist Applications run from Nov 1, 2018 - Feb 1, 2019 (submissions will not be reviewed until Feb 1, 2019).
- All applicants will be contacted by April 15, 2019.
- Performance artists are required to provide their own costumes, performance equipment and music files if required.
Bass Coast is a 19-plus-event and photo ID is required to enter the festival site. No animals are permitted on-site before, during or after the event.
Prepare for all weather. We may experience extreme heat, torrential rain, severe thunderstorms or high winds. Presentations must go on, rain or shine.
Performance Artist presenters receive an Early Entry ticket which includes General Admission camping in Campground A, B or Campground C.
HOURS OF PERFORMANCE
We require that all performance artists are available to be scheduled to perform sometime between Thursday July 11 - Monday, July 15. If you are unable to commit to these times, please note your availability in the special requests section of the application form.
IMPORTANT DATES in 2019
Feb 1: Performance Artist applications close
Apr 15: Successful presenters contacted
May 1: Performance Artist bio and photo for Bass Coast website deadline
May 1: Confirmed technical needs submitted
July 11: Gates open for Early Entry ticket holders includes General Admission camping in Campground A, B or Campground C.