What is MOOP?
MOOP means MATTER OUT OF PLACE. It refers to anything that is not originally of the land on which our event takes place. LEAVE NO TRACE. Moop your campsite and surrounding area.
- RINSE YOUR RECYCLING
- ALUMINIUM CANS AND FOILS (DON'T CRUSH)
- CLEAN TIN CANS
- CLEAN PLASTIC, #1-7 (INCLUDING THE NON-COMPOSTABLE TYPE OF PLASTIC CUPS)
- DRY, FLATTENED, BROKEN DOWN CARDBOARD
- SOFT PLASTIC BAGS BUNCHED UP & CONTAINED WITHIN ANOTHER PLASTIC BAG
- ALL METALS
- CLEAN TETRAPACK MILK AND OTHER LIQUID CONTAINERS
- CIGARETTE BUTTS CAN BE TAKEN TO THE ECO HUB FOR RECYCLING VIA BRAIN GARDEN. IN ALL OTHER CASES, CIGARETTE BUTTS ARE LANDFILL.
- CHIP BAGS & CANDY WRAPPERS
- BOTTLE TOPS
- SOILED PLASTIC BAGS AND PLASTIC WRAPS
- SOILED RECYCLABLES THAT CANNOT BE CLEANED
- ALL WET, DIRTY, UNCLEANABLE INORGANIC MATERIAL
The Bass Coast Eco Hub: the HQ of all things Green Team at Bass Coast
Open 8am - 8pm
Bring us your sorted camp waste at the Eco Hub. Come wash your reusable container after using it to eat at the food vendors. Ask us your sustainability questions. We would love to connect with all Bass Coast community members that care about the environment and the unique role our community contributes to sustainable practices on our planet.
Bass Coast is dedicated to LEAVE NO TRACE. We have teamed up with our friends at www.braingarden.ca to provide an effective harm reduction tool called The Pocket Ashtray: a reusable, flexible, air-tight pouch made of recycled materials that suffocates smokables and traps odour inside. Outreach staff will be distributing pocket ashtrays or available for purchase at Bass Coast General Store.
Find the "Butt Ballot" at the Eco-Hub to empty your Pocket Ashtrays. The cigarette waste will be recycled. This process generates donations to the BrainGarden's Wildfire Prevention and Education campaign
Please use your Pocket Ashtray while onsite at Bass Coast and at home.
© 2021 Copyright Bass Coast Project