Bass Coast 2018 is right around the corner! Here's a list of tips for first timers that will help make sure you're fully prepared for the weekend.
- Gates open at 9:00 AM every morning. Full gate hours are listed online.
- Detailed directions and a site map can be found on our website.
- Your ID and ticket will be required for entry, have them ready when you get to the gate. Security will only be checking for age verification (19+) so don’t worry if the name on your ticket is different than the one on your ID.
- We strongly encourage you to stay with us on site for the entire event. In an effort to keep vehicle traffic on site to a minimum, a re-entry fee of $15 per person is in effect.
- Bass Coast has a strong Green Initiative: Pack it in, Pack it Out. We will be supplying a garbage bag and recycling bag to each vehicle. Here’s a video guide showing you how to leave no trace.
- For updates throughout the weekend download the Bass Coast App to your iOS or Android device.
- If you have an Apple device you can now have your tickets in Apple Wallet for easier scanning – follow the links below to your ticket download page
WHERE TO CAMP
CAMPING AT BASS COAST
- Directions and Site Map
- General admission ticket holders have access to campgrounds B and C
- Drive directly to your camping spot and camp with your vehicle at no extra cost
- Bring your RV, but be advised we do not offer RV hook-ups
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING
There’s lots of space to camp on site, so ask yourself:
- Do I want to be closer to the stages?
- Do I want a quieter campsite at night?
- Do I want my campsite to be secluded or in a more populated area?
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Get familiar with our site map
- Communicate with your friends, so you can find each other
- Talk to people who have been to Bass Coast before for tips and advice on camping
- If you have room, we encourage you to bring a bicycle
WHAT TO BRING
- A quality tent or RV that can withstand the elements including heat, wind and rain
- Rope and tarps for extra sun and rain protection
- A high quality flashlight for finding your away around at night
- Garbage bags for keeping your site clean and tidy
- Warm pants for sunrise
- All your bikinis
- Oversized sweater for staying cozy in your tent
- 2 hats, 3 pairs of sunglasses. Minimum.
- Decorations like solar powered lights
- Inflatable water toys for the river
- Gifts to share with your friends and neighbours
DISCOVER SOMETHING NEW
- We curate performances with the intention of introducing you to new things, so arrive with an open mind
- The music featured at Bass Coast is predominantly electronic, with an emphasis on original compositions and live performance
- Stages are programmed to evolve musically over the course of the weekend, so there’s something for everybody
- Because sound is very important to us, each stage features sound design by the award-winning PK Sound
Bass Coast Festival features 4 main audio-visual environments:
- Main Stage
- Slay Bay
- Radio Stage
- Cantina Stage
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Get acquainted with our complete lineup, which will be posted in the spring
- Watch our social media channels for performer features, exclusive music and news
- Consider purchasing some high quality earplugs to protect your hearing at all music events
- Take a look at the festival map and make sure you know where first aid and harm reduction are located. Check out the harm reduction section on our website for more information.
BASS COAST WORKSHOPS
ILLUMINATE YOUR MIND AND BODY
- Located next to Main Stage, The Brain hosts workshops throughout the weekend
- From talks on astronomy to ayurvedic cooking classes, there’s something for everybody
- Workshops fill up quickly, so arrive early if you want to participate
- Watch for the workshop descriptions and complete schedule coming in June
YOGA AND MEDITATION
- Relax and restore your body and mind with our yoga and meditation classes
- Choose from one of several Instructor led yoga classes taking place at Radio Stage during the day
- Try using one of our self-practice platforms located on the banks of the beautiful Coldwater River
- Watch for the yoga and meditation schedule coming in June
- Have fun learning new moves and meeting friends in our interactive dance and movement workshops
- Try your hand at burlesque or develop your assets with booty-bass aerobics
- Classes are welcoming to all genders and levels of experience
- Watch for class descriptions and schedules coming in June